THE BEST MOUNT ETNA HIKING GUIDE, in Sicily is many things, one of which is that it is one of the world’s most active volcanoes. 온라인카지노
We’ll show you the best way to hike Italy’s Mount Etna, as well as all the advice and tips you’ll need to reach the summit of this mighty and beautiful volcano.
Mount Etna cannot be conquered because she is the conqueror, but you can hike to the summit, which is currently at 3,326 meters above sea level. (10,912 feet)
When Should You Climb Mount Etna?
You can hike on Mount Etna all year.
Mount Etna is best hiked from April to September; if you have the time, go on a clear day.
May and late September to October are the best months to visit Mount Etna with pleasant temperatures and without the extreme July and August tourist crowds.
Between October and April, you’ll almost certainly be hiking in low cloud with a lot of snow on the ground.
Mount Etna Facts
- Mount Etna is a volcano on the Italian island of Sicily, just outside the city of Catania.
- Etna has a surface area of 1,190km2 (459sq mi) and a circumference of 140km.
- This makes it by far the largest of Italy’s three active volcanoes, standing roughly two and a half times the height of the next largest, Mount Vesuvius.
- Mount Etna is the most active volcano in Europe.
- The fertile volcanic soils support extensive agriculture, with vineyards and orchards spread across the mountain’s lower slopes.
- Mount Etna has been designated as a Decade Volcano by the United Nations due to its recent activity and proximity to a population.
- In June, UNESCO added Etna to its list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. 카지노사이트
How to Get to Mount Etna
Sapienza Refuge is Mount Etna’s main hub, located on the south side of the crater ( Rifugio Sapienza ).
Parking is available here, as well as a variety of shops, restaurants, and ticket offices for the various services available.
Where to Park for Mount Etna Hiking
Sapienza Refuge at 1,910m has a large and level car park with stunning views of the coast.
Parking for a motorhome costs €12 per day, while parking for a car costs €3.50. If you arrive after 5 p.m., you may park for free overnight.
You must pay for your day’s parking the following morning at the parking ticket office across the street.
What Equipment and Clothing Do You Need to Climb Mount Etna?
- a warm jacket and several removable layers
- winter hiking pants
- Mount Etna Footwear – broken in, ankle-high hiking boots
- hat or head wrap
- water and a packed lunch
- hiking poles
- Helmet is required for the main crater.
- camera! 카지노 블로그